Monday, February 22, 2010

What Size Lumber To Span 20ft Roof Rafter Spacing For Flat Roofed Carport?

Rafter Spacing for Flat Roofed Carport? - what size lumber to span 20ft roof

I am building a 18 feet by 20-foot garage with a flat roof with a slope of 2:12. I live in Washington, DC, I understand the snow psi of 30. I'm trying to get an idea of the size of the spacing of the rays. The length would be required 18ft. My plan is to have 6 6x6 posts in concrete. Concentrate on the sheet material. How much wood I need for the beams and rafters, I need space, you should be wavy?

1 comment:

Tedruski said...

You first need to understand to load the dead. This is the total weight of the materials used to construct the roof.
However, the burden of life, when you add lbs. per square foot limit for snow, wind, rain loads.
For over 18 years "and only support him) (net weight, would not sink to use 2" x8 "s on 16" centers. To do a good job, and use of sustainable employment to 2 "x 10" s on 16 "centers. A 2" X 6 "roof would be a joke to cover a 18 '. It would be dangerous for the lower deck, install in this context.
No risk of poor quality, let ceilings for a few dollars to save, would be terrible, and heavy snowfall as a rock.

Post a Comment